NIRMA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, AHMEDABAD
Ahmedabad Gujarat, India Nearest International & Domestic Airport - Ahmedabad
· All programmes approved by AICTE & Government of Gujarat.
· Affiliated to Gujarat University
· Three programmes accredited by NBA (AICTE)
· "A" grade institution as per accreditation by Tata Consultancy Services
· National Awards for Engineering College having Best Overall performance and for Best Principal for the year 2002 by Indian Society for Technical education (ISTE)
· Students won National ROBOCON 2002 and represented country in Tokyo
PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
UG Level :
· BE Civil (CTM) Engg.
· BE Mechanical Engg
· BE Chemical Engg
· BE Electronics & Communication Engineering
· BE Instrumentation & Control Engg
· BE Electrical Engineering
· BE Computer Engineering
· BE Information Technology
· ME Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design
· ME Environmental Process Design
· ME Power Apparatus & Systems
· Master in Computer Applications (MCA)
· Ph.D. (Structural Engineering)
About the Institute
Nirma Institute of Technology (NIT) a self financing institution, established in 1995 by the well-known philanthropist and industrialist Dr. Karsanbhai K. Patel, Chairman, Nirma Group of Industries, is a premier technical institution in the country.
The dedication and commitment with which the students and faculty have worked over the past seven years have paid rich dividends and this has made this institute the most preferred one among the student fratemity. The students have been consistently securing top ranks in university examinations.
The students are encouraged to participate in national and international competition / events and have won prizes. Placement of graduates has been noteworthy. Many have joined reputed institutions for higher studies in India as well as abroad, to name a few, UTs, DMs in India and Stanford, Purdue, SCU, NCSU, University of Pennsylvania, Michigan Arin Harbour, FAU in USA. Many have been placed in industries for jobs in companies like TCS, Tata Telecom, Telco, TVS, L&T, PCS, IPCL, MBT, Motorola, Nirmal Limited, ISRO, PIR etc. The institute has established Centre of Excellence in Information & Communication Technology where students work on real life problems to develop new products.
· Well-developed laboratories
· Comprehensive computer and internet facilities: 14 servers, 600 nodes - all interconnected with fibre optic cables, 256 kbps internet connectivity.
· Advanced Softwares: Pro-Engineer, STDD PRO, MATLAB, HYSIS Process & Plant Simulation, Primavera, Rational Rose, Autocad, ECAD - Electro Magnetic Simulation, Spacious Seminar Rooms with all audio visual aids.
· Fully automated Library
· Sports facilities for indoor and outdoor games.
· 27 luxury buses
· Modern gymnasium
· Hostels for girls students
· Excellent canteen facilities
· Air conditioned auditoriums.
· Technical paper & Project presentation
· Preparing working & non working models
· Experts Lectures industrial visits
· Industrial training tech exhibitions / seminars Debate Contests & Essay Competitions Group Discussion.
Student Support Services
· Industry Institute Interaction Cell
· Student Stores
· Counselling, Bank
· Alumni Association